Do you need Windows 7 ISO file for some reasons, like your system is not compatible with the latest Windows 10 or your company is still working with Windows 7, then the article is for you?
In this article, we are going to help you to download Windows 7 ISO file for updating or clean installing Windows 7 on your old potato system.
Download Window 7 ISO (Ultimate and Professional Edition)
Download the correct ISO file from the links below. These links will generate a direct download link from the official Microsoft server. Choose 64-bit or 32-bit based on your System type.
These are direct download links to the English US ISO files. If you want ISO files in any other language, please comment below with the Language, Windows edition, and System type of the ISO file you want, and we will try to provide direct download links.
Install Windows 7 ISO (Clean Install)
If you have your Windows 10 ISO File ready to update your system to Windows 10 Latest Update, all you have to do is boot from the disc or USB thumb drive to start the setup. Now follow the following steps to clean install Windows 10 using ISO file,
- Insert a flash drive, at least 16 GB.
- Now, open Rufus, in order to create bootable media for Windows 10.
- Make sure to keep all the default settings as it is.
- Now, click on the Start button and wait for a while to finish.
- After completion, Rufus will ask you to restart the PC.
- Restart your PC, and while booting, before the Windows logo, tap the Boot Menu key to open it.
|Brand||Assigned Boot Menu Key|
|Asus||Esc or F8|
|HP||Esc or F9|
|Lenovo||F12, F8, F10|
|Other||Esc or F1-F12|
- You see a screen with a list of drives, choose the one you inserted/plugged in, and hit Enter.
- Then the Windows logo will appear on the screen for a while, if you see the animated dots it means everything is fine.
- Next, you will be asked to select your Language, Time, Keyboard method and after configuring all these things, Click Next.
- Now click on Install Now.
- Now, Windows 7 set-up will ask you to enter the Product Key, if you have a Windows 10 product key, proceed to enter it. Otherwise, click on “I don’t have a key” or “Do this later”.
- Now setup will ask you to choose the correct edition of which you have a License either Home or Pro. Make sure to enter the correct edition if you choose the wrong edition then you would need to perform a clean install again.
- Just wait for a while, the system prepares itself to copy files.
- Accept the license terms, to do so check the box in front of “I accept the license terms”.
- Click Next.
- Click Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Select the drive and then click Next. [If there are multiple partitions, select each from the bottom, then click to delete until only one unallocated drive left]
- Select the unallocated drive list, Click New > Apply > OK.
- Select the Primary partition from multiple partitions, click Next.
- Just wait for few seconds while Windows install.
- When all this setup will complete, Windows will reboot into the setup automatically.
- After this, Windows will detect and install hardware. and it will restart for the last time.
Is this a genuine ISO file of Windows 7?
Yes, it is, these links will generate a direct download link from the official Microsoft server.
Is Windows 7 available in 32-bit?
Yes, we have provided the download links to both 64-bit and 32-bit.
Is it compatible with my 4GB RAM PC?
Yes, Microsoft’s minimum criteria for Windows 7 is 2 GB RAM, so it will run smoothly on your PC.
Can I upgrade from 32-bit Windows 7 to 64-bit Windows 7?
It depends upon your system configuration. Check whether your processor is x64 or x32.
You can check it by doing the following,
Start button -> Right-click Computer -> Properties. Under System, see the system type.
If your system (processor) is x64 based then you will have to clean install Win 7.
Will I get windows updates?
If you have the license of the original Windows 7, then yes you will get security updates from Microsoft.
Which software we should use to write ISO images into USB drives?
There are many tools to create bootable media, but we recommend you use Rufus.
So, that was it, we have successfully downloaded Windows 7 ISO file and also installed it in our system.
In case you didn’t understand any steps, or you can have any other queries regarding this article, then feel free to comment down below, we will be more than happy to assist you.